NRVR Elections Meeting

Jim Stoll jim_stoll at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 00:42:19 EST 2024

It is once again time for NRVR to host our annual election meeting and pizza party! This email serves as the formal invite to this meeting on Thursday, Jan 25th where our annual TRA/club elections will be held in person.
What: NRVR 2024 Elections Meeting & Rocket Show-n-Tell Pizza Party!When: Thursday, January 25th, (open at @6pm, elections 6:30, then party) Where: AEDL (501 Industrial Park Road, Blacksburg)
2023 was a hard year as we lost our main & only launch site.  However we did a good job at engaging with the media (Cardinal News & NPR) and now have multiple land owner contacts, some of which we have invites from to come check out new potential launch sites!
At this meeting, we are fulfilling our TRA requirement* to meet for our annual officer elections, but we're also using the time to review 2023, give updates coming  into 2024, bring/show-off any rocket related stuff (after we get the business stuff out of the way) and celebrate with pizza and drinks!
The Lab will be open at 6pm for general gathering and the official TRA officer/club elections will begin at 6:30pm sharp. All members of the NRVR are strongly encouraged to be involved in our annual election as a part of membership.
Here is a summarized list of NRVR elected positions, more detailed information is available here:  https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties
At the meeting, please consider nominating fellow members or running for an officer position yourself!  Feel free to reach out with any questions (reply all to this email).
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Sincerely,
Jim StollNRVR Secretary

Please note - NRVR members who are members of Tripoli in good standing can nominates themselves or others and vote for Prefect and Secretary. Current NRVR members can nominate and vote for President and Treasurer (not TRA required positions).
NRVR Elected Officer Positions:
Prefect*-Tripoli facing leader of the prefecture (club)-PoC with TRA, rules/regulations compliance -Oversees Certifications and FAA waiver renewal -Must hold L2
President -Club appointed leader -Oversees internal/external club communications -Facilitates all club meetings and launches -Helps organize outreach events and PR
Secretary*-TRA sanctioned position, must be TRA member-Oversees annual club election and prefecture renewal
Treasurer -Chief Financial Officer-Responsible for club funding and spending-Oversees NRVR membership renewals

More Info Here: https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties