[NRV Rocketry] NRVR Open Meeting and Member Demo Night at the VT/CRC "Space Building", Thur 13th from 6:30-9pm

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Jun 9 22:28:30 CDT 2013

This meeting is going to be really cool!

Where:	1901 Innovation Drive ("Space Building"), CRC, Blacksburg VA
Map:	http://goo.gl/maps/xcngx
When:	Thursday, June 13th 6-9pm
Agenda:
	6-6:30pm - Club member business (discussion about joining NAR)
	6:30-9pm - Open Meeting, Demos and Talks (more below)
	9pm - door prize drawings!!!

6pm: Club Business:
We just need to chat real quick with NRVR members regarding how our insurance
coverage issues are requiring that we expand our group association to include
NAR association (not just TRA (Tripoli) group). Come.. discuss.. vote.

6:30pm: Open Meeting and Demos/Talks
This should be a pretty fun demo and talk night! We have a cool HP
construction demo, and also a really cool Talk/Demo of a DIY telemetry system
that actually makes a rocket "talk" its altitude and other flight data back to
"ground control"!
* Bob: Demo how to make perfect, High Power fin fillets, the easy way!

*  Charley demoing his Microcontroller + 2m Ham radio based Voice Telemetry
   System:
    - Description of the V.T.S.
    - The rocket, and ground receiving equipment, used to conduct the test,
      (focusing on the ebay electronics)
    - A partial live demo (pre-launch transmission only) of the VTS
    - Playback of a recording of the actual down-link audio from the test
      flight *
    - Lessons learned.

If you were not lucky enough to see Charley's prototype demo of this system at
the VAST meeting a few months ago, see here for a preview:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3896167743024&l=1102397866466562955

Charley will be demoing the new flight-ready version of his V.T.S. Since it
sends its simulated human voice over 2m ham radio, if you have a 2m ham ht
radio, bring it! :)

If other's have HP rockets they want to bring and show off, please do! Just
let the officers know if you need some table space or any IT resources
(projector, multimedia, etc).

Hope to see you at the meeting!

Tweeks