New NRVR Members! (Election Meetings this Thursday night!)

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Mon Jan 22 23:27:51 EST 2024

Welcome to our new 2024 NRVR Members!

  Eli Wyatt (student)
  Nathan Branch (student)
  Glenn Brock

Welcome New Members!
It's always awesome to have fresh blood folks joining NRV Rocketry! If you're interested in medium and high power rocketry, you've come to the right place!  Below is a good blog piece we maintain that gives a great overview on how to get into medium and high power rocketry (something bigger than class-1 model rockets), and how high power differs from those little Estes rockets of your youth.  The piece also includes some common sense differences you need to know about before buying or building high power rocketry. Differences that can really help you get started on a successful path:
http://nrvr.org/what-is-high-power-rocketry/

Also keep in mind, this members list (nrvr-members at nrvr.org) and our fbook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/NRV.Rocketry ) are great places to ask technical "rocket science" questions, on everything from rocket design, simulation and construction, to buying parts and how to (and not to) preparing to get certified!.. along with tips on saving money in the process. So please ask if you buying gear or doing a rocket build. We're here to help!

"Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself."
This common aerospace quote sums up why seeking expert mentorship is critical in rocketry. If you're interested in getting certified, be sure to team up with one of our certified flyers as a mentor, and tap into their expertise. Failure is a great teacher.. but not necessary if you leverage some of the deep expertise in our club. :)

2024 NRVR Renewals:
=====================
This members mail list gets purged and reloaded every Jan 31st.  So if you have not renewed (and are not a lifetime member), please  your renewal info & form here:
http://nrvr.org/join-nrv-rocketry/

Feel free to mail or email in the form to me.. and/or bring payments (check/cash) to the elections meeting (below).

Speaking of our meeting.. a well implemented elections meeting is like a good mullet.
  Business in the front, party in the back. :)

Business: 2024 Elections Meeting: Thur 1/25 6-8pm
As Jim Stoll (our secretary) already announced, this week is our annual Tripoli elections meeting.  First and foremost, we need to at least fill our Tripoli Prefect and Secretary positions, and if we have enough interest, we also have the club President and Treasurer roles, as well as a couple other officer roles.  If interested in helping out.. we can always use the help!   Here's the various NRVR officer roles:
https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties

Come and cast your vote.. or throw your hat in the ring!

Party: Pizza, Rocketry Fun & Show-n-Tell:
Have some cool rocket-geek hardware you want to bring and show folks?  Bring it! Build a new rocket over the winter break?  Show it!  We had a request from some of our students and newer members to see some of our more experienced member's L2/L3 rocket avionics bays and flight computer configurations.  This is my favorite part of these meetings.. :)

As always, any questions, feel free to post them here, or to the fbook group.

See you at the meeting!

T.Weeks
NRVR President

p.s. Sorry about this ASCII text email.. I'm not sure why our mail list server is encapsulating HTML emails as eml attachments.. looking into it.